Forum Discussion

pmiley123
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

test complete 9 suddenly deleted

Hello,

I am running test complete on a virtual machine.  Yesterday test complete crashed numerous times for unknown reasons while running tests.  Now I am unable to open the application and I see in explorer that testcomplete.exe contains 0 bytes.  This is a new virtual machine and has been running reliably.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

3 Replies

pmiley123
    Occasional Contributor
    Also, this is a 64 bit Windows 7 Machine.  Test complete was installed in the Program x86 folder, and when reinstalling by default attempts to install in a x86 folder.  Installing in a non x86 folder results in unable to register errors at the end of install.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Tripp,

I might miss something in this phrase -- Installing in a non x86 folder results in
    unable to register errors at the end of install. -- but:

a) TestComplete is essentially 32-bit application (though it can operate 64-bit ones), so the Program x86 folder is a right place for it; and

b) I never tried to install TestComplete into completely another folder (e.g. into d:\MyTestComplete\), but I always install it to drive d: and never had any setup problem neither on 32-bit nor on 64-bit boxes... What about opening a Support ticket (http://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete) and provide them with more details/screenshots?