Forum Discussion

swagcoder
Occasional Visitor
9 months ago
Solved

Delete with Request Body / Payload

How to design for a DELETE request having a Request Body or Payload in version 3.0.0
in:"body" or requestBody: is supported for DELETE it seems. What is the work around?

• Hi swagcoder 
    I never tried to use a request body in a Delete but, as far as I know, it is not allowed anymore in OAS3.x.x
    Look at the doc here

In another hand, there is a kind of exception I found, but I can't provide more than the doc reference here.

You will have to investigate further.
    Let us know.

2 Replies

chichepo
    Champion Level 3

Hi swagcoder 
    I never tried to use a request body in a Delete but, as far as I know, it is not allowed anymore in OAS3.x.x
    Look at the doc here

In another hand, there is a kind of exception I found, but I can't provide more than the doc reference here.

You will have to investigate further.
    Let us know.

• Delete with Request Body / Payload" is an insightful and practical guide that delves into a relatively advanced topic in web development. Authored by a seasoned expert in the field, this book provides a comprehensive overview of the concept of using request bodies or payloads in HTTP DELETE requests. While this might sound like a niche subject, the book successfully demonstrates its relevance and potential benefits for modern web applications.