Forum Discussion

amcminigal
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

TC9, testing Microsoft Dynamiccs CRM 2011, when I open a new window objects are not recognized

If I record a script that opens a new window (e.g.an Activity) TestComplete records the objects as being part of the original, main window, i.e. there is no new Browser line in the test. When I replay the test the objects on this new window are never recognized, i.e. TestComplete attempts to only fnd those objects in the original, main window not in the new window, though that is the front window on my screen.

In the ObjectBrowser, the new window doesn't even appear anywhere in the hierarchy, so if I attempt to remap the object, I get an error message that the Parent information doesn't match so the object cannot be remapped. Even if I use wildcard mapping for certain objects and with Extended Find on for that Object the objects in the new window are never recognized.

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Alan,

You need to catch the differences between the windows to map them correctly - find the properties whose values you can use to identify the windows for sure. For example, the Visible property may change. The old window will have its value equal to False, but the new value - to True.