Forum Discussion

googleid_114358
Contributor
12 years ago

TC9 Regression - Unable to obtain window with grave accent in WndCaption

Hello.

I would like to open a new support ticket for a little (but annoying) bug in TC9.

It seems that TC9 is now unable to access OnScreenObject if the wndCaption used to recognize the object contains a "grave accent" : 'è' (I don"t know if that's the correct translation in english for this character).

I guess in english, that may not be very important, but in French, our application main language, lots of windows contains this characters.

For instance, as soon as you are dealing with IExplore Open or Download window, the caption is "Sélectionner une pièce à télécharger".

TC will write an error to the log : Cannot obtain the window with the window class '#32770', window caption 'Sélectionner une piece à télécharger' and index 1.". Indeed, it renames the 'è' in 'e' ... Thus the window does not exists...

Note that the picture posted to the log shows that windows is there and the caption contains 'pièce' not 'piece'.

I know most of TC are not french, but could correct that in the next 9.30 version ?

Regards and merci !

Guillaume.

2 Replies

• Hi,

For those who are interested in this problem, I can say that we have reproduced the problem Guillaume reported, and we continue working with him via e-mail.