Forum Discussion

anandkumar
Contributor
13 years ago

TC hangs sometimes while waiting for an object

Hi,

TC hangs some times to detect an object. just it displays the wait indicator at top right corner and not even shows the waiting signal within it and remains as such for indefinite time even though the object appears. u can see the attachment for reference.

how to solve this. because it affects the other scripts while running through automator.

Thanks in advance,

Anand

4 Replies

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Anand,

What version of TestComplete are you using? Does the issue occur on the latest version of TestComplete - 9.0?

Could you please specify what application you are testing and post here your script code that causes TestComplete to hang?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi Julia,

thanks for ur reply. i use TC 8.50.618.7.  its a flash application. also the script hanged is for a kind of dropdown button. here is the code for that

if  Page.togglebuttonManagelistsbutton.Exists  then

end if
    Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Anand,

Thank you for the information.

Could you please specify the approach you use to test your Flash application? Do you use FlashInjector, the Runtime Loader utility, or is your tested application compiled with the FlexClient Library?

Also, could you please check whether the issue persists on the latest version of TestComplete - 9.0? If you need a free trial version of TestComplete 9.0, you can request it on the Free TestComplete Trial page of our web site.

We would also appreciate it if you collected some dump information we could use to investigate your problem. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Download the free Debugging Tools for Windows package from:

http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/debuggers/dbg_x86_6.11.1.404.msi

and install it.

2. When TestComplete hangs while waiting for your object, open the "Start | Run..." dialog and execute the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg.exe" -pn TestComplete.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\TCDump1.dmp;q"

This command will make WinDbg write a memory dump of the TestComplete.exe process to the "C:\TCDump1.dmp" dump file. After the dump is written, WinDbg will be closed.

3. Wait for two minutes.

4. Repeat steps 2-3 twice more (but correct the dump file name in the command line).

5. Send us all of the generated dump files.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi Julia,

i'm not much aware of the runtime loader utility, but i notice both are present in the openApp/flex folder of TC.

As i'm using this in office it is not that much easy to download and install trial version of TC.

if that happens again i will try that debugger and get the information and keep it posted.

Thanks for your information.