Forum Discussion

sborno
Occasional Contributor
16 days ago

Continue on error

Hi,

I have the following question: How to continue with the next step of the same testcase after an error occurs?

Scenario:
- We have 40 customized checkpoints in one testcase (mode 'KeywordTests'), which are comparing images successfully
- These images should be updated due to changes in the requirements
- Each checkpoint throws an error and writes the expected image in a file
- Running the same test case 40 times to receive the expected images is inefficient.

How to configure Testcomplete not to terminate the execution of a testcase if the result of each checkpoint is 'Assertion is false'? - Setting the configuration 'On error' of this testcase (in the section 'Execution Plan) to the state 'Continue running'' does not work as expected.

Thanks for your answer in advance!

• I only know of three configuration settings that relates to execution behavior when error occur, and TestComplete default installation setting I only need to tweak the Project playback setting to continue.
    1-Project Suite > "Test Items" > checkbox "Stop on error" have it unchecked 
    2-Project > Properties > Playback > "On error" set it to "Continue running" 
    3-Execution Plan > Properties > the "On error" set it to "Use project's 'On error' property"

That works properly for me, and after the run completes, I view all failed property checkpoints to update individually failed checks.

Hope this helps

• I only know of three configuration settings that relates to execution behavior when error occur, and TestComplete default installation setting I only need to tweak the Project playback setting to continue.
    1-Project Suite > "Test Items" > checkbox "Stop on error" have it unchecked 
    2-Project > Properties > Playback > "On error" set it to "Continue running" 
    3-Execution Plan > Properties > the "On error" set it to "Use project's 'On error' property"

That works properly for me, and after the run completes, I view all failed property checkpoints to update individually failed checks.

Hope this helps

sborno
      Occasional Contributor

Hi, Hassan_Ballan

Thank you very much for your solution. - This works for me.

Kind regards

sborno
      Occasional Contributor

Hi, rraghvani

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't work.

I had mutated 2 images so that 2 errors should be displayed in the log, but only one error is displayed (see attachment).

With which setting would it work?

Kind regards

rraghvani
        Champion Level 3

Using execution plan to run five tests, these are the differences

On Error = Stop Current ItemOn Error = Continue Running

When On Error = Continue Running, the next statement is executed. In this case, it's Log.Message("Is this shown after error?");