Forum Discussion

Oferv
Super Contributor
13 years ago

TC doesn't load after restart using aqEnvironment["RebootAndContinue"]

Hi,

I'm using aqEnvironment["RebootAndContinue"] in order to reboot my system.TC manage to reboot the system but right after the systems reboots TC cannot launch it self and display the attached screen(see attached file).

i can say that it does manage to launch itself and keep on runningfew times but sometimes it failed.

any idea what can cause that?

Thanks

10 Replies

Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Attaching file again
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Ofer,

The fact is that when TestComplete starts running after rebooting, it starts searching for the activated license. The timeout specified for this process is 90 seconds. So, I recommend that you follow the steps below:

1. Wait for 2 minutes after the splash screen has been shown. Does TestComplete start working? If it does not, follow the steps below.

2. If TestComplete crashes , please send us the generated .dmp file that you can find in the <User Profiles>\Local Settings\Application Data\AutomatedQA\TestComplete\8.0\Logs folder.

3. If TestComplete shows an error message, please send us the text of this message.

4. If TestComplete hangs for more than 2 minutes, please follow the instructions below:

4.1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package and install it.

4.2.  When TestComplete hangs, open the "Start | Run..." dialog and execute the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg.exe" -pn TestComplete.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\TCDump1.dmp;q"

This command will make WinDbg write a memory dump of the TestComplete.exe process to the "C:\TCDump1.dmp" dump file. After the dump is written, WinDbg will be closed.

4.3. Wait for 30 seconds and repeat steps 4.1. and 4.2. (but you need to specify another file name for the dump, for example, C:\TCDump2.dmp).

4.4. After that, send us the generated files.

Thanks.

Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

i have sent you 2 dump files like you told me to do and i didn't get any sign from you regarding the problem or even regarding the fact that you get/didn't get the files.

can you please send me an update?

Thanks
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Ofer,

I failed to find your request to our Support Team.

Did you get an auto-response message with the ticket ID (in the format of [Issue # Mnnnnnnn] in the subject heading)?  If you didn't, your request MIGHT not have gone through. Hitting "submit" on the page for sending the message is actually a two-step process: submit first and then go ahead with the ticket on the next page.

If you didn't get this auto-response message, please send those two dumps to our Support Team once again and make sure that you received the message I've mentioned above.

Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

Just resent the dump files.please,if the file can't be open just rename it to TCDump1.rar,thanks

please just send me an update so i'll know you got the files

Thanks
    Oferv
    Super Contributor
    Hi Irina,

following your request. 

Issue# M0090833

Thanks
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Ofer,

I've found your message. Thanks for the ticket number.

Our Support Team is going to continue working with you via e-mail. They will reply to you as soon as possible.

sabhari
    Occasional Contributor
    I also have a problem regarding aqEnvironment.RebootAndContinue().

The function just calls the routine mentioned as the first parameter without restarting the system. There is also an error message as seen in the screen shot attached.