Forum Discussion

velise
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

TC can't find my object in objetc browser

I'm recording a Keyword test, after i stop recording, i right click on an object an click on "Show in object Browser".

Tc can't find the object => it does not exist.

Everything was working fine before.

I have a pink cicrcle auround the icon of my web page. Can't find what it means....

You can see it in attached picture

Does anyone have an idea ?

3 Replies

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi,

I'm recording a Keyword test, after i stop recording, i right click on an object an click on "Show in object Browser".

Tc can't find the object => it does not exist.

Most likely, you closed the window (or a page) that holds this control and, that's why, the object stopped existing and an appropriate object disappeared from the Object Browser tree. So, I recommend that you explore the recorded test and make sure that it doesn't contain the operation that closes the window or page with the control you want to find in the Object Browser panel.

I have a pink cicrcle auround the icon of my web page. Can't find what it means....

I failed to reproduce the behavior you described. To help us investigate the problem, please contact our Support Team and send them the following information:

1. TestComplete version you are using.

2. Your TestComplete project with the recorded test.

Thanks.

siriusdg_1
    New Contributor
    I am having this exact same problem.  Automated tester for almost 20 years, certified in all Mercury/HP tools, used TestComplete multiple times in last 15 years... I know what I am doing.  The test was recorded, and all went fine.  Fails on playback.  Check object map, it says object not found... site is still in state it failed in, with dialog box in question open and on screen.  Then, attempt to crawl up the object chain... not found until we get to the window level.  Then, in an effort to see what changed, I attempted to map the object I needed, a pushbutton, from the dialog back into the object map, so I could find the divergence, thinking it was dynamic data.  The attached images is what happens, no matter what objec I try to choose, TC only sees the window, not anything inside of the window.

What is really interesting is that PSR sees it the same way now, so whatever is going on has to do with the window, but the window only ends up this way when it is called by TestComplete, as far as I know.  All the objects are still completely functional, I can click them and type into them, etc, but TC things it is one great big empty window.  Ideas??

Thanx,

David
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi David,

Could you please answer the following questions:

- What TestComplete version are you using?

- What IE version is installed on the computer?

- Is the test page public? Can you provide the link to it?

- As far as I understand, the problematic window is pop-up. How is the opening of this window implemented?