Forum Discussion

eykxas
Regular Contributor
11 months ago
Solved

TC 15.53/54 Slow down

Hi everyone! 

Since the latest release, all my test case are slowing down compared to TC 15.52. For example the same Test :

with 15.52 :

And with TC 15.53 :

All operations are much slower. like Sys.Keys("some text"). With TC 15.52, it takes 0.17s. With TC 15.53, 0.49s.

Overall, the execution time has been multiplied by 3.

for the moment, I have to revert to TC15.52.

Do you know where this can come from?

• Great news ! TC 15.55 fix the slow down issue. Everything run fine and "fast" with this version. Problem solved !

39 Replies

eykxas
    Regular Contributor

Sys.Keys("some text");

is already enough to reproduce the issue. 17ms in 15.52, ~50ms in 15.53/54

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You are better off creating a sample project, that can provide evidence of performance degradation between versions X and Y.

If the issue can not be reproducible, most likely it will not be looked into - a "standard practice" of software developement!

• Hey all,

if you have examples of applications on which this happens then please create support ticket and share them with us. If you can describe in a given case what methods are noticeably slower, that would also be very helpful.

Best regards,

Pawel

RobDias
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Pawel. I don't know yet how to add support tickets but in my project which is very slowing down from Version 5.53, I use a lot of '.Click' and '.Keys'. Maybe you can test the difference in time between V15.52 and V15.53? 

Some more information: I use Jscript.

In the example of rraghvani, there are not a lot of '.Click' and '.Keys' instructions.....

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

RobDias see TestComplete: New Support Request.

I have sample code to be run against https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_textarea

function main()
    {
        // https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_textarea
        var page = Sys.Browser("chrome").Page("https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_textarea");
        var frame = page.Panel("container").Panel("iframecontainer").Panel("iframe").Panel("iframewrapper").Frame("iframeResult");
        var textarea = frame.Form(0).Textarea("w3review");
        Info("Chrome", "C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Chrome\\Application\\chrome.exe");
        Info("TestComplete", "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\SmartBear\\TestComplete 15\\x64\\Bin\\TestComplete.exe");
        Log.Message("Start...");
        textarea.Keys("^aLorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.");
        Log.Message("...Finish!")    
    }

function Info(AppName, AppPath)
    {
        var VerInfo = aqFileSystem.GetFileInfo(AppPath).VersionInfo;

Log.Message(AppName + " v" +
            VerInfo.FileMajorVersion + "." +
            VerInfo.FileMinorVersion + "." +
            VerInfo.FileBuildVersion + "." +
            VerInfo.FileRevisionVersion);    
    }

The time taken between v15.54.3.7 and v15.52.2.7, is about ~3 seconds

Play back settings in both versions is,

Though I'm not able to reproduce it, it could be happening under certain conditions.