Forum Discussion

Claudiu_Adam
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

TC 10.5 freezes on Windows 8.1 and Java 8U25 with FF 31.5 ESR

Hi. We have issues in running our test projects by using TC 10.5 on Windows 8.1 and Java 8U25 with FF 31.5 ESR. Running the tests individually works fine. The problem occurs when I want to run a list of test cases. We use a VM with the following configuration: 4.00 GB RAM, processor: INtel Xeon E5-2665 2.40GHz, 64-bit OS. TestComplete simply freezes and the only way to restart it is to force close the testcomplete process from Process Window. I did not saw any other post on the forum regarding this issue for this configuration. This worked on TC9, Java 7U40, IE 10. What would be the problem? Thank you!

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Claudi,

This sounds like a serious issue. I recommend that you contact our Support team ( http://support.smartbear.com/product-list/ ) as some investigation can be required here.

Please provide them with the following additional information:

1. When the problem occurs, run the Report Generator tool located in <TestComplete>\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe.
    2. Select the "Launch/attach to TestComplete" option.
    3. Click the "Generate memory dump" button in the Report Generator tool three times with a 5-second delay between the clicks.
    4. Click the "Generate..." button and specify the destination folder. The tool will create a ZIP archive with the report files inside.

Thanks in advance.