Forum Discussion

sid
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

System is getting hanged/crash while automation using Testcomplete, how to overcome with this issue?

What should i do if system will hanged/crash during testcomplete automation.

While recording using Testcomplete then System is getting hanged.

While objects spy  using TestComplete then application is getting hanged.

If I do same activities  with other tools then application and system response time will be good.

If I do same activities  manually then application and system response time will be excellent.

If I do same activities  with testcomplete then application and system response time will poor or zero.

why so ? can anyone help on this?

How to resolve this challenge?

Although My PC have 4GB RAM/300GB HDD

5 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

There are probably a lot of things that can be done to improve application interaction with TestComplete...

...however, a lot of them are dependant upon the kind of application, the technology used to build it, what you're specifically trying to do in TestComplete with regards to your application., etc..

If you can give us some specific situations where the app is hanging/crashing when TestComplete is attempting to interact, we should be more able to help you figure out a solution.

sid
      Occasional Contributor

While mapping textbox, buttons web browser is getting hang although same operation with QTP/manual/selenium working fine 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Just to clarify...

...the hanging is happening, not during test playback, but during the investigation process of creating the mapping of the buttons and textboxes?