Forum Discussion

praveenskg
Occasional Contributor
3 months ago

SmartBear Test Extension manual installation

I want to setup Test complete on our Azure cloud machine, since it do not have internet access i followed the steps in the below link to install SmartBear Test Extension manually

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/web/general/preparing-browsers/chrome-extension.html?sbsearch=edge%20browser%20extension

Issue i am facing is Edge and chrome browser SmartBear Test Extension is getting installed only for my user id and if i login using Test account, the Smart bear extensions are not available. 

Anyone else faced similar issue? I am not sure if i am missing something when manually adding the SmartBear Test Extension. 

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Did you scroll down on that page and see the additional instructions for installing without internet access?

praveenskg
      Occasional Contributor

Marsha_R- i followed the same steps and i was able to install. my question is if i switch user on the same machine, SmartBear Test extension is not available. with manual installation it wont show the extension for all users on the machine? 

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

That may be a browser limitation. Search for your particular browser and how to install extensions for all users.