Forum Discussion

vondie
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Slow to Load On-Screen Actions for Edit

Hi everyone,    I am currently on TestComplete 12.10 Build 602 and experiencing performance issues when trying to edit On-Screen actions in Keyword Tests. I am building an automation suite for Micr...
    tristaanogre
    8 years ago

SarahEdwards wrote:

In my experience, "As soon as I remove the extended find, any steps using that object are broken."

I asked SmartBear technical support, "Is there a better way than remapping every object?"

Yuriy Peshekhonov from SmartBear Customer Care said: 

Unfortunately, there is no other way. TestComplete uses a different logic when recording a test using the "Extended Find" feature. It's not enough to uncheck the option for an object in the Name Mapping. You need to delete the existing Name Mapping scheme and map the object without using "Extended Find". 
    TestComplete doesn't store the information on how to find the object with/without "Extended Find" at the same time, so it's not possible to quickly switch between using "Extended Find" and not using it. 

Correct... unchecking the option under NameMapping for an already mapped object won't "work" then because, as YuriPeshekhonov points out, you have changed, effectively, the method by which that specific object is found...

But the option under Tools -> Options -> Engines -> NameMapping, if you uncheck it, won't impact anything you already mapped.