Forum Discussion

EagerTester
Occasional Contributor
3 months ago

SessionCreator Execution Logs

Hi there,

Does SessionCreator.exe output any execution or operational logs?

I'm running it on Azure on nodes in a pool. For some reason I can't figure out, one of the tasks times out, because (I think) SessionCreator/TE has crashed.

When I connect to the node myself, I can see the last test that was ran from a log I am writing to during project suite execution, but I can't see why it stopped/crashed, as there has been no mht log produced.

The Event Viewer also has no information at the time that the last test ran, which is around where I am expecting SessionCreator/TE to have crashed.

Thanks! :)

3 Replies

EagerTester
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for logs that might point to reasons that SessionCreator itself might crash, not the application that SC or TE are testing. If either of these crash, there will be no log outputted using those command line tags you mentioned.

rraghvani
      Champion Level 3

I've never seen SessionCreator crash, and I see no reasons why is should. As it just opens a new interactive session.

You should check the user has the appropriate permissions to log in. If you run SessionCreator from the command prompt, you should be able to diagnose any issues.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

SessionCreator has parameters that can be included such as /ExportLog and /ExportSummary which can be used to generate a report.

Best thing to do is to run your project via TE. TE will show errors, if there are any.