Here are some issues going on with drop down values. As you know drop down objects has the method ClickItem . but in one application if we use ClickItem with the values it do not work ,it can only wo...
Do you get any particular error in your log when it attempts to ClickItem with the text string and fails? That may help give a clue as to what the difference is.
My suspicion (and I don't know this for sure) is that it might have something to do with the parenthetical portion of the drop down... that somehow it's being interpreted wrong or something. That's just a guess.
Another guess is if there is, for some reason, non-printing characters in those drop down options that just setting it to straight text is not working.
I have used the following functions for the drop down where DropDownValue is the expected value we are passing. We found that in case for application where it is not working (as attached in the previous screenshot) it contain some characters after the last parenthesis whose char code is 8206. That is why it do not click the item in drop down. from the UI perspective it look like it is space and I was passing the value with space.