Forum Discussion

Semirxbih
Contributor
7 months ago

select.ClickItem selecting wrong dropdown value

Hey all,

So I am working on Automation Scripting for my employer and we are currently on "Version: 15.53.2.7" of SmartBear and not being able to upgrade just yet. We all got forced to upgrade to v120 of Microsoft Edge.

Currently, I am running into an issue where select.clickItem() is selecting the wrong dropdown value and I tried multiple different methods to fix it, but I am unsuccessful, so wanted to reach out and see if anyone might have some advice.

So let's say that I have the following code: configList = aqObject.GetPropertyValue(select, "ContentText");

This returns:
Import
Import Existing Config
Import_1
Import_11
Import_1_v1-0-0
Import_3
Import_GCT_1290
Import_v1_0
ImportTest

Then I have the following code, which pattern matches my configName and looks for it in the configList:
    var escapedConfigName = configName.replace(/[.*+?^${}()|[\]\\]/g, '\\$&');
    var pattern = "\\b" + escapedConfigName + "\\b";
    var regex = new RegExp(pattern);
    if (regex.test(configList)) {
        select.ClickItem(configName);
    } else {
        Log_Message("Configuration not found: " + configName, STEP_WARN);
    }

escapedConfigName is Import_1_v1-0-0.

It finds the dropdown and when it selects it, the dropdown value is selected as ImportTest.

I have seen that there are major issues with ClickItem, but has anyone found a workaround possibly?

2 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

There's no workaround, the issue is with ClickItem method. The issue has been fixed in the latest version 15.61, and verified against the latest version of Chrome. It should also work with Edge. 

Semirxbih
      Contributor

Thanks rraghvani - I will notify my team that code will be in backlog until they upgrade to the latest 15.61 version.