Forum Discussion

von_bailey
Contributor
11 years ago

Searching in Code doesn't work

Whenever I use the Search function (Ctrl+F) to search for some text in my code the "Search/Replace Results" panel does not return the correct information and I cannot find a relationship between what it returned and what I asked for.  For instance, I have a function called "AppValues".  When I do a search so that I can find out where and how many times it is called it returns lines that do not include the search criteria "AppValues" and even marks those incorrect lines as locations in which to find the value.
  • Unfortunately I don't think this has been fixed and is something I ran into a long while back in TC8. Disable outlining of your functions by right clicking in the code editor then selecting Outlining>Stop Outlining.

5 Replies

Ryan_Moran
    Valued Contributor
    Seems to work OK for me. Check your Look in: and Find Options settings to verify you are searching with Current Document or Panel.
  • Please see the attached file.  It is a video of the issue of which I am talking about.  In it, I enter search criteria and the results are displayed.  I click on the results (which do not match the search criteria) and it takes me to a line that also does not include the search criteria.
    murugans1011
    Regular Contributor
    HI which testcomplete version r u using?

In Tc 9.31 i also experienced this issue.if  u r using earlier version then upgrade to TC 10. However there is a batch available for earlier version that i've got from support team and it works fine
    Ryan_Moran
    Valued Contributor
    Unfortunately I don't think this has been fixed and is something I ran into a long while back in TC8. Disable outlining of your functions by right clicking in the code editor then selecting Outlining>Stop Outlining.
  • Thanks Ryan, dismantaling Outlining appears to solve the issue.  Appreciate the help.