Forum Discussion

Oferv
Super Contributor
13 years ago

scrolling the UAC scroll bar to the bottom

Hi,

i'm loading "control nusrmgr.cpl" in the command line and click the "Change User Account Control Settings" and the "Change User Account Control Settings" page is open but, when i'm trying to perform any action on this window it's impossible. my main goal is to scroll the scroll bar to the bottom, to the level of "never notify me when:".

does anyone have an idea how to do that?

I've tried to use recorded actions,SendKeys and it didn't help.

any other ideas?

Thanks 

1 Reply

• Hi Ofer,

This is impossible. If it were possible to modify the UAC settings programmatically (including GUI automation tools) then the Windows security system would be useless.

Actually, it is possible to interact with this window and to move the slider to the bottom position if you run TestComplete as administrator. However, after a test will click the OK button, the Elevation dialog will be displayed and this dialog running in an isolated environment. It is absolutely impossible to interact with the Elevation dialog.

To be honest, if you run TestComplete as administrator, you can disable UAC by modifying the corresponding registry key and restarting the machine. However, running the tool as administrator seems to be impossible in your case. Otherwise, the question of disabling the UAC would not have arisen.