Forum Discussion

Mpho_Mogapi
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Running test scripts on different monitors

I have  a problem with Test complete object spy naming one object different names according to which screen you run your tests on .

On one monitor the flex object's name  is graphic, however when I run the same script on a different monitor same pc  it fails, when I try object spy i see that the object name has changed to graphic24 how is that possible ?

Here is my sample script :

var

browser;

var panel;

var vobject;

var edit;

var graphic;

var edit2;

var graphic2;

var edit3;

Browsers["Item"](btIExplorer)["Run"]("file:///D:/Test Complete CIT Demo Script/ITR14/debug.html");

browser =

Aliases["browser"];

browser["BrowserWindow"]["FrameNotificationBar"]["DirectUIHWND"]["Click"](790, 24);

panel = browser["pageDebug1"]["panelMain"];

panel["panelColumn1"]["submitbuttonSendbutton"]["Click"]();

vobject = panel["panelColumn2"]["objectMainapplication"];

vobject["Graphic"]["Click"](11, 12);

1 Reply

• Hello,

the flex object's name  is graphic

This means that TestComplete failed to get the highest level of the Flex application openness and uses the Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA) engine for testing. So, most probably, you're dealing with one of the cons of this approach:

Object identification is limited and depends on the accessibility information provided by the application to be tested. The object hierarchy exposed by TestComplete is much less detailed compared to the hierarchy that can be achieved with one of the other possible approaches to testing Flash and Flex applications.

So, I recommend that you prepare your environment for testing Flex applications first - please review the "Which Testing Approach to Choose" help topic.