Forum Discussion

pravin_k99
Contributor
13 years ago

Run a DOS Command and wait till it finishes

Hello,

How to make testcomplete execute a DOS command and wail till the command finishes?

Thanks

Pravin

4 Replies

makh_dv
    Occasional Contributor
    If your project is related to .Net one.

A quick solution could be:

Add to Project by Double click on it -> Properties -> CLR Bridge: System 2.0 from GAC. This will allow to use common dotNet assemblies

use following code (JScript):

var process = dotNET.System_Diagnostics.Process.Start_2(path);

// OR var process = dotNET.System_Diagnostics.Process.Start_3(path, args);

process.WaitForExit(); //infinite wait

// OR process.WaitForExit_2(msecs);

You can read more about Process object here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process_members%28v=vs.90%29.aspx

Note: JScript doesn't support method overloading, thus you'll need to check with IntellSense suffixes (like above _2, _3 etc) meanings.
    Inok
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi

The .Net solution workes fine in JScript but not under vbscript. In vbscript I can start an application but can not wait till it's finished.

The Method WaitForExit is not available in vbscript.

My problem now I have existing projects in vbscript and as far as I know I can't mix them. Is there a way that I don't have to convert my existing vbscripts?

Thanks.
  • Hi,

The Method WaitForExit is not available in vbscript.

We've received your submitted support case. The problem was in your code, not in functionality of scripting languages. Also, a situation where the list of methods supported by .NET assembly will be different depending on the language you access it from, is impossible.