Forum Discussion

sarvpreetsidhu
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Not able to run tests on jenkins

Created a new jenkins job & tried to run testcomplete tests, but it keeps getting stuck at launching stage   [TestComplete] Launching the test runner. $ '"C:\..\15\x64\bin\SessionCreator.exe"' Exe...
    sarvpreetsidhu
    3 years ago

Ok. I did try running the following command in cmdline (TestComplete.exe "C:\..\..\TestComDemo.pjs" /run /SilentMode /ForceConversion /ns /exit) & it ran the tests without issue. I think the issue is in jenkins setup. Here are some screenshots of jenkins freestyle job. 

sarvpreetsidhu
    3 years ago

I tried updating login at active session step but it didnt resolve the issue. FYI, I am providing user login for node under which jenkins is running. Also I am downloading repo(SCM) in this jenkins job & that is working fine.

npaisley
    3 years ago

This could also be related to the type of license you are using for TestComplete.

If you use SmartBear License Management to control your TestComplete (and TestExecute) licenses, you can specify the access key assigned to your SmartBear account. This key will be used to license the TestComplete (TestExecute) instances that will run tests.

If that is not setup correctly it can cause the same type of issue. We have information for this in the document below.

Configuring Jenkins Freestyle Jobs to Run TestComplete Tests;

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/jenkins/running-tests.html