Forum Discussion

bharat_sethi
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Get to know the last operation status in script

Hi All,   I need to know the status of the last operation performed in script to report to third party such as   was that last click operation was sucessful or had failed ? was that last set ope...
    8 years ago

Project.Logs only gives you a collection of top level items in the log.  If what you are looking for is not at the top level (Keyword Test, Test Item, Script, etc), that's not going to work for you.

Question: How are you writing out the status in the first place?  Are you just using what TestComplete automatically records or are you writing your own log message for pass/fail on the last operation?  My suggestion would be to do the latter... update your tests/scripts, in such a way that you write out pass/fail results to some sort of storage (in memory variable, external file, database, etc) that you can then mine for the necessary data.

The other possibility would be to leverage the OnLogEvent message since that fires for each Keys, Click, or SetText call.  I think you can then use that as a jumping off point to find the necessary status.