Forum Discussion

Mohamed14
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Enabled rows. Desktop applications

I have this window object (see the picture below). I want to count how many rows are enabled. How should I do it? My code looks like this so far. Someone who can help?     if(Aliases.javaw.AdminEk...
    tristaanogre
    8 years ago

Mohamed14 wrote:

The problem is that I can always select/click an item even if it is disable. In instead of checking whether an item is enable or disable, I will check how many rows are enabled or disable. 

Sounds like a bug in your AUT to me... if I can click on an  item and select it, even if it is disabled, that's a problem for the developers to correct.

Additionally, the whole "enabled/disabled" thing seems to be something custom... as I understand it, the Java Swing List control is just that, a list... the items are just strings in the list... they really don't have an "enabled/disabled" property on them.... so, if there is a concept of "enabled/disabled", this is a custom implementation on top of the default Swing List and your best bet would be to talk with your developers to see what properties they are utilizing to enable/disable an item.

Colin_McCrae
    8 years ago

"Sounds like a bug in your AUT to me... if I can click on an  item and select it, even if it is disabled, that's a problem for the developers to correct."

Depends how he's doing it no?

If using a Click() method, then yup, I agree. That's a bug.

If using a native method of the control - Select() or whatever, I don't work with Java controls - then I can easily see that bypassing any validation that prevents the user manually clicking things which are supposed to be disabled. But then, I wouldn't use such direct methods personally. As far as interacting with controls goes, I only use Click/RClick/Keys etc 95% of the time. As ever, because these are closest to normal user behaviour.