Forum Discussion

pretzelz
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

random JScript runtime error

Good day all.

I have six functions in a script. Each script executes something straight forward around different parts of our software in a completely linear process. For example:

select a particular tool

draw an exact shape

change the side panel from one set of information to another

view a different module within the program

show certain information

enter a specific piece of text in a box

return to the original module within the program

I had tested each function on its own. Success.

I had created a function to run the 7 functions one after another. Success.

I had stressed TC and our software by setting this to loop 100 times. Intial success...

... having watched the (high spec) computer carry this stress loop out 100 times successfully the first time, on the second run, we've got a JScript runtime error which stops the process. I ran the test simultaneously on two computers (high and low spec) and which revealed the JScript runtime error at different points. So I need to pinpoint now what is causing the process to skip a beat and head itself into runtime problems.

If it is any help, here are some details:

ON LOW SPEC COMPUTER:  (carried out 82 iterations before runtime error)

JScript runtime error.

Unable to call the method. Status: pending

code line:   buttonComboBox.Click(34, 31);    

(previous to this)

EXEFramework.WPFObject("HwndSource..........  )

ON HIGH SPEC COMPUTER: (carried out 29 iterations before runtime error)

JScript runtime error.

OLE error 84000001

code line:  grid.WPFObject("Viewbox", "", 1).WPFObject("ModuleBar", "", 1).WPFObject("StackPanel", "", 1).WPFObject("LitRadioButton", "", 4).Click(25, 29);

(previous to this)

grid = EXEFramework.WPFObject("HwndSource: LayoutManagerWindow", "CSS").WPFObject("LayoutManagerWindow", "CSS", 1).WPFObject("Grid", "", 1);

Both runtime issues occured in different functions with the test script.

...I believe when I came in to see these results this morning, I tried running the single function again in which the error has occured, and it executed successfully.

Thoughts would be gratefully appreciated. We were excited to see it initially run 100 times on our high spec machine. So this is obviously our next hurdle to cross in our quest to get a fully automated suite up together.

David

2 Replies

pretzelz
    Occasional Contributor
    (I know it isn't a good fix for this issue, but would it be possible to script, during runtime of a function:  If error is found, repeat function from start again.)

• Hello David,

Could you provide us with the detailed information on your environment? Do the errors occur with the latest version of TestComplete 9 in a system with all the latest updates? 

Note: JScript exceptions are generated by the script engine, so you need to handle them in your code.