Forum Discussion

rlent
Contributor
14 years ago

Question on exported MHTML log file

I call my tests from a batch. If the test failed, I have to look at the exported MHTML log file to see if it really failed. I have to use a lot of bitmap comparisons, there's no way to avoid it. The problem is that the space dedicated to bitmap comparison is a tiny window in the corner. It would be great if there was a way to resize this so I could get a proper look at the bitmap comparisons. I do like that in TC8, I can look at the expected and actual results at the same time, that is very useful. If I could do the same with the exported log file, that would be extremely useful.

1 Reply

• Hi Robert,

I do like that in TC8, I can look at the expected and actual results at the same time, that is very useful. If I could do the same with the exported log file, that would be extremely useful.

We'll consider improving this. Thanks for the suggestion.

The problem is that the space dedicated to bitmap comparison is a tiny window in the corner. It would be great if there was a way to resize this so I could get a proper look at the bitmap comparisons.

At the moment, I suggest that you do the following:

1. Open the file below in a text editor:

<TestComplete 8>\Bin\Extensions\Export.Files\table.js

2. Locate and remove the "if (oTD.pictureCount == 1)" string (it is without quotes).

3. Save the file.

Follow the same steps for the "table.js" file residing in the "<TestExecute 8>\Bin\Extensions\Export.Files\" folder.

After that, when you export logs, you'll see the 'Open link in a new window' link. It allows you to open a picture in a new window.