Forum Discussion

wynfranc1234
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Proper way to execute a Testcomplete project in a remote machine

Hi.

I have a test suite that is residing in a remote machine. That test is called from another server using teamcity. What's the proper or standard way to run and execute a Testcomplete test residing in a remote computer?  My test runs fine if teamcity is in the same machine as the test cases.  I would appreciate the help! 

Thanks!

• Hi Dell,

You can check whether the test run from TeamCity is executed in interactive mode. Refer to this thread where this was discussed.

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Dell,

You can check whether the test run from TeamCity is executed in interactive mode. Refer to this thread where this was discussed.

• Thanks a lot! I've been trying to figure out how to force Teamcity to run  the agent  as not a system user and found the answer in that link! It is finally running my tests! Thanks a lot!

. Run Agent.bat file with a parameter start.(eg:C:\BuildAgent\bin\>agent.bat start)
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Dell,

TestComplete or TestExecute must be installed on the remote computer. If you are asking about starting tests, there are many ways: you can use the program command line, TestComplete COM Object, Network Suite.

• Thanks Tanya. I've done that and I uses a command line to call test complete to run my tests. The command line though is called via Teamcity. Teamcity will call Testcomplete but it is not actually executing my test. If I run my test from the remote computer manually, I can run without an issue. Is there an issue with Testcomplete being called by teamcity?