Forum Discussion

emerson_parisot
New Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Problems with XBAP Web Browser WPF Control Automation

Hi,

I recorded a testing in an application that uses a technology XBAP Web Browser WPF Control. At the first moment, my KeywordTest worked well. The Playback worked perfectly.

But, a new build of the application was deployed, and after this, I unable to record anyone object on the application.

The only object that the TestComplete record is BrowserWindow, no child object.

The BrowserWindow looks like a glass in front of the child objects.

The application consists of a file .xBap performing the update and initialization of objects in the browser, on every browser restarting.

I need help.

Thanks.

5 Replies

• Hi Tanya,

Now, it occurred to me some questions ... the article describes the steps to configure the application and browser.

The browser is the browser on my workstation.

The. Net Framework is at my workstation, right?

If is It,  I am running in a Virtual Machine with Windows XP and. Net Framework is 1.1, need to be .Net Framework 2.0?

However, when the article describes the steps to configure security in the application informs steps in Visual Studio, is what needs to be done in the application to be tested? Or is It my test project to be configured?

I am using TestComplete IDE.

Thanks regards,

• Hi,

I checked with the team responsible for application deployment, and received assurances that the procedure was executed on the server, as the attach.

What are the next steps?

Thanks

• Hi Tanya,

I installed SDK for Framework .Net 2.0 and configured like that article you recommended, and I performed an automation in that enviroment perfectly.

This yours last recommendation was very useful for syncronization between pages.

Thank you so much !