Forum Discussion

luciano_santos_
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Problems with Database Table checkpoint (slow)

Hi, 

When creating Database Table Checkpoint correctly filling description fields, connection (selected provider is "Oracle Provider for OLE DB" in connection to the data source is the instance of the base, username and password. The connection test the message "Test connection successful "in the end it brings me in connection field" Provider = OraOLEDB.Oracle.1; Persist Security info = False; User ID = xxx; Data Source = xxx "), login and password.

Now comes the problem: So much for "Table", "View", "Custom Query", clicking on it takes too long to bring forward the information. When he brings the tables, the next step also takes too long. It has situation it takes more than 3 hours to bring any information.

Once created, checking the checkpoint within the test is fast.

I do not see the need to use the script to solve this problem since this option should work. This problem also occurs with other users? What is the best practice to overcome this situation?

Remarks:

1) The problem occurred in versions 10.30 and 10.50

2) The size of the database has Approximately 13TB

3) I will install a local database on my machine and will perform the tests. If I run the same queries in PL / SQL is normal responses.

Thanks, 

Luciano

No RepliesBe the first to reply