Forum Discussion

karadenizd
New Contributor
13 years ago

Problem with DevExpress XtraGrid - new row insertion

Hi,

we have a problem while creating a test script that is including DevExpress XtraGrid control. This control has column names and while a new entry is being commited (row by row) the related object (e.g. textbox or combobox) is not found. This is because the insertion is occured just after the related objects are filled and then any empty place is clicked by left mouse button.

Briefly, test complete creates a script that is not working while the test is run. I added an image file to be understood about xtragrid onject.

What is your advice? What should we do? (We use JScript language)

Thanx for help.

3 Replies

• Hi Dag,

I'm not sure I understand what problem you face with this scenario (exactly what fails), but I've got a few suggestions which can be useful for you:

1. If you need to work with in-place editors in the new row, you can try using the ClickNewRowCell action to activate the editor you need.

2. After that, you should be able to set specific cell values in the new row as described in the Obtaining and Setting Cell Values in Developer Express XtraGrid help topic.

3. It is not necessary to click an empty space to submit an in-place editor's value. Just closing the editor should be enough (see the Activating and Closing In-place Editors in Developer Express XtraGrid help topic to learn how to do this).

As for the problem with recorded script not being played back correctly, please zip your entire project suite folder along with the log of the failed test execution and send us the archive via our Contact Support form. Make sure that messages in your log correspond to the latest version of your tests.
    karadenizd
    New Contributor
    thanks for replaying. But we have not solve the problem yet. Now that issue is postponed for a while. We have another important problem, and i will create a new subject for that new state.