Forum Discussion

lucieneven
Contributor
13 years ago

problem on invoke submenu when recording the tested applet uses a non-standard menu control

Hello,

I have a problem on recording the tested applet uses a non-standard menu control. I ever had a posted namely "VBScript runtime error: Object required: 'commandMenuBar.SwingPopupMenu'", http://smartbear.com/forums/forum/post/?mode=singleThread&thread=5bb61f6a-55f3-4584-a2e5-d0dad67ec618, over there, i saw problem of playbacking recorded script.

However, now i even can't record the script normally. As can be seen from snapshot 2011-11-29 4-34-11 PM.png, I wanted to click the menu of Project and then invoke the submenu. Actually, in the recording mode, there's no response when i clicked the Project menu.

So the script is like below:

Call commandMenuBar.SwingMenu.Click("Project")

Before, based on the suggestion from above mentioned post, i tried to associate this menu control with a standard Swing menu. But it doesn't help.

Please advise what we can do here.

btw, my test is to test Java Applet in the web browser. Indeed, i tried both application type, generic Windows Application and Web. It's the same.

Thanks for your concerning here!

Lucien

1 Reply

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Lucien,

Sorry to hear you're running into issues with testing your applet. To figure out why the menu is being unresponsive during test recording and how to fix it, we'll need details on your tested applet and environment.

First of all, do I get it correctly that the menu worked properly during test recording before you configured Object Mapping as I suggested in the thread you mentioned, and it began not responding after you configured Object Mapping? Does the recording problem go away if you roll back the Object Mapping changes?

If your tested applet is on a publicly accessible web site, could you please provide a link so we can check the issue directly? If you can't post it on a public forum, you can send it privately via a support ticket. Also, please provide us with the following information:

* TestComplete version as in Help > About,

* JDK version used to create the applet,

* Java version(s) installed on your computer,

* browser name and version,

* Windows version.

Thanks,

Helen