Forum Discussion

5 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    Wow! It looks interesting.

If I am not mistaken, this is a first third-party extension for TestComplete. Am I right?
    npoirier
    New Contributor
    Hi Sarah,

I tried SeeTest from Experitest. Indeed, the script fits well with TestComplete but the problem that i find is that SeeTest use only image recognition to identify objects.  This method of identification is closely linked to any change in the graph­i­cal appear­ance of the object and make maintenance difficult.

Nicolas

• Hi Nicolas,

This is Lara from Experitest. SeeTest supports 4 object identifcation methods: Image recognition, Native ID, Text Recognition and Web DOM commands (for HTML5). Each one of these identification methids backs up the other so if say an object's image has changed the test will not fail becasue it will still be recognised by say the Native ID or the Text recognition methods. This ensures very low maintenance requirements and very robust scripts. For further details on the 4 identificaiton methods that SeeTest supports you can refer to our online manual http://experitest.com/studio/help2/WebHelp/scr/Best_Practices__Selecting_an_element_Identification_method.htm

BR

Lara
    npoirier
    New Contributor
    Thanks Lara, it seems to be good ! I had not seen these methods when i had evaluated Experitest. I'll try again then ...

Best Regards,

Nicolas POIRIER

npoirier
    New Contributor
    Thanks Lara, it seems to be good ! I had not seen these methods when i had evaluated Experitest. I'll try again then ...

Best Regards,

Nicolas POIRIER