Forum Discussion

mrouse
Contributor
12 years ago

Patch for FireFox 18

When will the TestComplete Patch for FireFox 18 be released?

5 Replies

• As a note to SmartBear, when one is checking the FireFox patch page for new patches It would be helpful to include a note that the current version of TestComplete now contains the FireFox 18 patch.  This would eliminate the confusion as to why there is no listing for a Firefox 18 patch on your FireFox Patch Page.

Thanks,

Mike
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Guys,

TestComplete 9.20 contains the patch for Firefox 18.

As for the feed, you can add the Functional Web Testing forum to your RSS reader - as a rule, information about new patches is posted there.

• Tanya,

Thanks for the reply.  However, for the problem I was experiencing I could not get TC 9.2 to work properly (I was getting a VB runtime error 500 when single-stepping through code and returning to the calling function, BTW, this error did not occur when just playing back the code ). So I guess the built in FF 18 patch worked for some things but not all.  I ended up going back to TC 9.0.13XX and FireFox 15 patch before the issue was corrected and I stopped getting the VB runtime error 500s. 

Mike
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mike,

It's unlikely that the issue you are describing is related to TestComplete's Firefox modules. Don't you want to investigate it to figure out the cause of the issue?

As a note to SmartBear, when one is checking the FireFox patch page for new patches It would be helpful to include a note that the current version of TestComplete now contains the FireFox 18 patch.  This would eliminate the confusion as to why there is no listing for a Firefox 18 patch on your FireFox Patch Page.

We will think about this. Thanks for your feedback!