Forum Discussion

JNeedles
Contributor
10 years ago

Option to turn off 'always start a new script' not available in 10.3?

I normally always have this option off. I don't even see the option in TC 10.3 in the Recording options area.  

Was this removed?  Is there somewhere else I can turn this off?

12 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Tanya - 

I know that all features won't be supported forever, we all have to pick and choose at some point.  

What I'm suggesting is that TestComplete asks for general customer feedback *before* removing a feature.  With the manual testing, it's clear from the forum discussions that it was being used a lot more than might have been imagined.   

Without the early feedback, the developers had to remove a feature, the customers were unhappy and had to use a workaround for a while, and then the developers had to put the feature back in.  It seems to me that a lot of work could have been avoided and a better customer experience provided with just some forum posting and email.

• Just checking up with this issue.  Has this functionality been added back in TestComplete yet.  I really would like to get this back into TestComplete.  With the way it is working now, it is making me getting my work done very hard now.