Forum Discussion

cbrundell
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Object truncation in TestComplete 10

I am using testcomplete to record a number of web based tests on a site I am running locally on a VM, mostly this is going ok but I am testing some new functionality for reports settings and I am having a problem with this.

It relates to a drop down option for number of days selected, when I have looked into the point of failure it appears the recorded object in testcomplete has been truncated when I compare this to the object on the site from the HTML.

Is there a setting that can change the maximum number of characters for an object, as it appears to the limited to 225 based upon the location or is there another way to get round this?

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Chris,

Can you post here the actual name of the object as it is seen in the Object Browser and what was recorded by TestComplete?

Does it help if you copy object's name from the Object Browser and paste it into recorded test?
    cbrundell
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alexei,

The object is truncated in the object browser as well as the recorded value in the test as well, the following is what is recorded for the object when I double click the item in the recorded test:

Aliases.browser.pageCentralReportsReportsImports.panelContent.panelContentWrapper.sectionMainContentUiWidgetConten.formFormReportSettings.panelAccordion.panelDivsettings.fieldsetReportOptions.selectSettingsdataReportedaccoun

I have selected the object after inspecting the element name is shown as follows:

SettingsData_ReportedAccountsDays

Chris
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Chris,

I have selected the object after inspecting the element name is shown as follows: SettingsData_ReportedAccountsDays

Could you please post an image of the dialog where you see this?