Forum Discussion

mspatel
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Object spy can't point to object

hi 

when I try to capture object property by pointing at object , it doesn't point to exact location . The location it shows object about 1 inch left of actual object location on page. It does show correct property etc , but when I play back the script it refuses to recognizing object and it fails.

i talk to developer And as per him it's because he has to resize the page based on image rendered. The application has 5 input parameter and will display image based on that ( you could think of Google finance graphs where user selects few parameters and graph will be rendered. )

is is there anyway to take care of such problem where object location will be slightly off from original page based on contents of page 

i will post post image etc later
  • Just heads up

I upgraded to version 12.10 and Chrome zoom was affected.

I had to set it back to 100% in order for the script to run....

FYI:

16 Replies

• DPI and Browser both set to 100%...Still same issue.

What if Object panel ( which holds Text boxes ,button , dropped down ect) Is being adjusted based on each resultant object rendered...

I also noticed If I restore-Down browser window , its start point to exact location of Object....does this ring any bell?

Ryan_Moran
    Valued Contributor
    These plugins with Chrome and Firefox stop working everytime there is a new version released.

This has been going on for over a year. This is 100% unacceptable.

I will be researching alternate automation solutions and making recommendations to move away from the use of Test Complete.
      sbeach
      Contributor

I know have TC 11.20 and Chrome 47

Took a few 'upgrades' and verifying that the extension was installed properly but

it now seems to be working...suddenly...like magic.

• Just heads up

FYI:

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

hhagay wrote:

Just heads up

FYI:

Actually, according to the help, it is ALWAYS recommended to run your browsers at 100% zoom when doing automation.