Forum Discussion

IMol
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

object not

I'm trying to run a test and I have this situation where a button will not get clicked because TestComplete says it's not visible on the screen. 

I have checked it in the Object Browser, and it's visible, but when I check it on the NameMapping screen, it's shown as not visible. Is there any way I can resolve this?

Attached are screenshots.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Bobik
    Frequent Contributor

I think you worked with this dialog, closed it and opened again. So TestComplete now uses previous dialog object, but it's already invisible.

Try add "Aliases.Payroll.frmEmp_Select_3.RefreshMappingInfo()" before you get button object.

New TestComplete versions have special option ("Search for visible objects first") to help you resolve such issues. 

IMol
      Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks for the reply. 

I took these screenshots one after the other, without closing the dialog box.

I eventually just set "Stop on Error" off and manually click the button. It means I must man the test, but at least I can get my work done.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll use it and give feedback.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

My guess is that there's something going on with your mapping of either the parent form or of the button itself where the object is not in the same state.  Examine all your mappings in the hierarchy to make sure that you are properly identifying all stages.