Forum Discussion

CBleunven
Contributor
12 years ago

"Not enougth storage" error when editing scripts

Hi,

after a few hours of use, as I'm writing my scripts, I get the message "Not enough storage is available to process this command".

At this step, I get the error message at least 30 or 40 times before being able to have return under TestComplete.

When lucky I can save my work and close, when not, I turn back in a new series of message and I must finally go in the Task manager to close TestComplete.

This occurs more particularly when I do a series of copy/paste.

The  project handle yet is only 20 script files (4866 lines of code), no keyword test and only 4 small pictures...

Configuration W7 SP1, 2.4 Ghz processor with 3 Go RAM.

Is there a way to limit this problem (despite closing TestComplete after 4 hours of use) ?

Best,

Christophe

1 Reply

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Christophe,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. To be able to track down the problem, our Support Team will need some troubleshooting information. To collect the information, please do the following:

1. Download AQtime Standard, which is our free profiling tool, from our web site:

http://downloads.smartbear.com/AQtimeStdx86.exe

2. Install AQtime.

3. Start AQtime with the -NotOpenApp command-line argument. For example, you can use the following command line:

"C:\Program Files\SmartBear\AQtime 7\Bin\AQtime.exe" -NotOpenApp

4. From AQtime's main menu, select File | New Project From Module.

5. In the Open File dialog, select the TestComplete.exe file and click Open.

6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box with a list of profilers. Select the Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler profiler.

7. Select the Options | Options main menu command. The Options dialog will appear.

8. Select the Profiling Time | Event View | General category.

9. Under the Debug Events group, select the Generate dump on exception check box and specify the Dump folder.

10. Under the Exceptions group, set Depth shown to 100. Close the Options dialog.

11. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start profiling.

AQtime will start TestComplete and trace all errors that will occur in TestComplete until it's closed.

12. Reproduce the problem in TestComplete.

13. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select Save All.

14. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file.

15. Open a support ticket and send our Support Team the generated HTML file and the dump (.dmp) files from the Dump folder.

Thanks in advance.