Forum Discussion

sridharp_mcf
Contributor
14 years ago

Not able to record Scripts

Hi

with the Test complete 7.52 Enterprise ver.,  we are not able to record web page operations  through script mode as well as in keyword test mode, Test Complete not generating any script. Please find the attached screenshots of  test complete scripts.

Recording environment :

Windows XP service pack 3

Internet Explorer 8

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Sridhar P

3 Replies

• Hi

Still we not found any solution for this problem, please any one help me in this, how to solve this issue, and let me know your comments on this.

Thanks

Sridhar P
  • Hi Sridhar,

I had the same problem of not being able to record Scripts and Keyword driven tests at the same time.

What you do need to do, is  to create the Keyword test first. Once created, highlight the Test, right click and select Convert to Script.  Click on the OK button for the script to be created. The default name is "Unit1" which can be renamed.

Hope this helps.

• Hi Sridhar,

Please see our answer in the following SmartBear forums thread:

http://smartbear.com/forums/forum/post.aspx?mode=singleThread&thread=bd5aa923-750f-4878-b9e3-d14ace4bfbc4

Also, in the future, please do not send us duplicated requests (note that we reply to messages sent via the Contact Support form, AutomatedQA forums and the TestComplete section of the SQAforums site). This makes processing your requests much more difficult for us and does not increase the requests priority anyway.