Forum Discussion

cbrown_2
New Contributor
10 years ago

New User Feedback desired

I am a potential new user of the TestComplete platform.  We plan to automate the redundant, time consuming, repetitive testing tasks associated with the testing our many company websites.

I welcome feedback on how you are using TestComplete to automate the testing in your web environment and would like to understand your experience with the product and the performance gains you have achieved with the product.

Finally, how has the SmartBear product support been with your implementation and ongoing support of the product?

I greatly appreciate your feedback and communication.

Thank you,

Chris

3 Replies

• Hi Christina,

I started using TestComplete (TC) at the start of the year on our financial services product.

At the moment I am using TC to test calculations.  It is a highly repetitive task of inserting data and checking the totals.  Currently I have around 800 tests and growing.

Later I will extend this functionalty to test data input, functional testing and regression testing.

I developed a framework to read the data (test cases) from an excel spread sheet.  I have also mapped the UI to the data in a excel spread sheet.  As the product I work on is new and the UI is constantly changing; having such a UI to data mapping has made life easier.

At the moment I am running about 450 tests nightly over 2 Virtual Machines and I get the results emailed to me.  I can decide which tests to run on which machine easily.  I can even run groups of tests.

This is all done easily with TC.  I feel I can do anything with TC as long as I have a good framework and a open mind. 

I have found the Community to be excellent.  I have had no need to post a question, as people have already asked the questions I needed to know the answer for.  The help is very good too.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Chris,

From the Support Team side, I can confirm that they always do their best to help customers set up tests. 

cbrown_2
    New Contributor
    Tanya,

Thank you!

Hoping another user can just send me some feedback on how they are using the products.

I see lots of activity and have demo'd the product.

Just waiting on some user feedback so I can move forward with a purchase.

If you know of anyone I could contact I'd appreciate it?  Maybe someone active on the board.  I'm anxious to get an order placed :).

Have a great day!

Chris