Forum Discussion

mfoster711
Regular Contributor
3 years ago

New license structure

I am trying to understand the new licensing and price structure for TestComplete. 

We have used TestComplete for 10+ years and have many fixed and floating licenses. We have always paid for maintenance on these licenses. Historically, the cost for annual maintenance on the products would be 20% of the cost of the product. If we paid $5000 for a fixed license then annual support would be $1000.

The new pricing on the smartbear website lists prices that are much cheaper than what we have paid in the past. It also now refers to the prices as a "subscription". 

So with this new pricing, what do you pay annually to renew the maintenance on your licenses? Is it still 20% or are these new prices annual amounts you must pay each year?

6 Replies

mfoster711
    Regular Contributor

I was able to get help from sales finally. They confirmed that the new pricing is a subscription model.

Rache1
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Apologies mfoster711 Please let me know if you need help with anything else, and I hope you have a great weekend

mfoster711
    Regular Contributor

Yeah, I have emailed them twice and have not received a reply.  That's why I posted here hoping somebody could answer this since it is a generic question about licensing.

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

I usually try calling the office. For me, that's the one in Massachusetts. Get the front desk and tell them what you want. Let me know if you don't get anyone that way.

Rache1
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the help, Marsha_R !

Hi mfoster711 ! I'm sorry you're having trouble receiving a response. Please let me know if you still need assistance with your questions.