Forum Discussion

vjjohnson04
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Need help in getting cell value from radgridview

Hi,

I got the count of rows in the datagrid but now want to get the value for each cell corresponding to its count.

Thanks in advance

7 Replies

vjjohnson04
    Occasional Contributor

I tried the above methods and the wvalue(row,column) but it doesnt seem to work for me.

Code:

'comment: Here i get the count

set Obj = Aliases.EFLT_EO_UI.HwndSource_MainView.MainView.Grid.mainTabControl.FeatureView.LayoutRoot.ResidenceSearchView.Grid

Count = Obj.WPFObject("advanceResultRadGridView").Items.Count  

now from i want the cell value from "advanceResultRadGridView" grid for eg:1st row 2nd column.

vjjohnson04
    Occasional Contributor

som additional info:

this is the mapped name:

Aliases.EFLT_EO_UI.HwndSource_MainView.MainView.Grid.mainTabControl.FeatureView.LayoutRoot.ResidenceSearchView.Grid.advanceResultRadGridView.GridViewRow.GridViewCell

clrfullcalssname: Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewCell

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Vikas,

I used the Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView control and failed to reproduce the behavior you had described. I managed to obtain the cell values using the following code:

Sys.Process("TelerikExamples").WinFormsObject("radGridView1").wValue(1, "Column_name")

If this approach doesn't work for your application, I recommend that you contact our Support Team and send them the sample application with the mentioned grid control so that they could reproduce the behavior.

Thanks.

vjjohnson04
    Occasional Contributor

hi i tried this but it doesnt seem to work. 

if u could try using the wpf application orders loacated in the test complete sample applications section. showing me how to get the value from a particular cell it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your support. 

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Vikas,

You can use the following code:

Sys.Process("Orders").WPFObject("HwndSource: MainForm").WPFObject("MainForm").WPFObject("gridMain").WPFObject("OrdersView").Items.Item(2).Card

Here, the index in the Item(Index) method specifies the row number, the Card parameter is the name of the needed column. So, in general, you need to use the following syntax:

Sys.Process("Orders").WPFObject("HwndSource: MainForm").WPFObject("MainForm").WPFObject("gridMain").WPFObject("OrdersView").Items.Item(Row_number).Column_Name

Does this help?

vjjohnson04
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot this did help me a lot :-)

this the code i actually used..

Code:

row_count = Sys.Process("EFLT.EO.UI").WPFObject("HwndSource: MainView", "Elektra - QA").WPFObject("MainView", "Elektra - QA", 1).WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("mainTabControl").WPFObject("FeatureView", "", 1).WPFObject("LayoutRoot").WPFObject("ResidenceSearchView", "", 1).WPFObject("Grid", "", 1).WPFObject("advanceResultRadGridView").items.Item(i).SupplierName