Forum Discussion

dhundley
Regular Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

navigating to pop up web page tab

i have just started working with a browser based application in testcomplete and I have encountered a situation where i'm clicking a print button on one page (tab) that generates a new browser tab. T...
    dhundley
    2 years ago

ok. i have come up with a solution. not sure if it is the best method but, at least it appears to work. i replace this: 

Browsers.Item(btChrome).Navigate(page.URL);

with this:

page.ToURL;

and that resolved the "file couldn't be accessed" issue. then i had to map the entire blob file page (cause it doesn't have anything defined beneath it) and through trial and error I found the proper x,y coordinates that performed the click action in the correct place.

dhundley
    2 years ago

that allowed the mapping of individual objects above the yellow line in the image shown here but it didn't open up anything below the line (which is where the download button is located). 

i think i might be able to approach it from a different angle. if i change the chrome setting for PDFs to this (instead of "open pdf in chrome") then i can just find the pdf in my downloads folder and use it from there. I'll just have to rename it. Thanks for trying though.