Forum Discussion

dean_aquino
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Mouse was not disabled during test run

Hi All,

I need to disable the mouse movement during test execution. I found a step in TestComplete documentation on how to disable the mouse during runs. 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/running/tips/disabling-mouse-events.html

I did what was instructed from the documentation, I even restarted TestComplete before running a test.

Apparently, it's not working because I can still interrupt the test by moving the mouse.

Any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

10 Replies

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Hm. I've had that work before but it was on earlier versions. Just to get some more information, do you have another computer you can try it on?

• Hi dean_aquino,

I am using the same version of TC as you and this function is working as intended in my projects.

I have not heard of this issue before but I do have a thought. The setting to disable the mouse is in the Project properties, so this means it's not global, only for the specific project that is selected when disabling this option.

Is it possible you have enabled this for one project but testing in another? I would make sure the specific project required has this option enabled. 

dean_aquino
      Occasional Contributor

Hi npaisley,

I double-checked it and it's confirmed that those two projects have checked the disable mouse function.

Regards,

Dean

Update:

Disable mouse is checked in Project properties for both machines. Still I encounter the problem.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Mouse disable works fine in TestComplete v15.42.9.7 x64 on Windows 10 v20H2 (OS Build 19042.1766)

Simple code, with Project -> Properties -> Playback - Runtime -> Disable mouse enabled

function main()
    {
        aqUtils.Delay(10000);
    }

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

npaisley It's working on 3 different versions so now we are further confused  🙂     

dean_aquino Are you using a standard mouse or do you have a track ball or pad or something else?

dean_aquino
        Occasional Contributor
        Hi Marsha_R,

The machine that I am using is being used for POS application and I can't confirm if the machine is a touchscreen. It seems like it is. I can only access the machine through Bomgar. Although, I can use the mouse as a pointing device.

PS. I just finished the project today and I don't have the means to test or confirm it.

Thanks and regards,
        Dean