Forum Discussion

VegasQA
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Mouse Unresponsive During Test Execution

Hi all,

This is the third application I'm automating with TC and I'm running into an issue I've not seen before.  The first app was web-based, the second was a Windows app, and this third is web-based again.  This time, however, I'm having a problem.

While recording the test, everything goes just fine.  Then, if/when I run into a problem with execution, and a TC error popup appears, I can't move the mouse to make a selection.  I can use the arrow keys to go through the various choices or select Cancel, but I can't get the cursor to respond to the mouse movements.

I have ensured the driver for the mouse is up to date and, being an external mouse, the touchpad and mouse stick are disabled when its plugged in.  Most confounding is that this wasn't an issue with the two previous apps which I used TC to perform automated testing.

Any solution ideas would be most welcome.

Mike
  • Hi Mike,

Looks like you might have the Disable mouse option turned on for your project. This option is in Tools > Current Project Properties > Playback. See if it's turned on and, if so, turn it off.

4 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Mike,

Looks like you might have the Disable mouse option turned on for your project. This option is in Tools > Current Project Properties > Playback. See if it's turned on and, if so, turn it off.
    HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Glad to help! Also, make sure that Disable mouse is turned off in Tools > Default Project Properties - this is where new projects get their settings from.

• Well that sure was easy!  That did it!  Thanks a ton!!! :)

What's weird is I never changed that from any of the other projects...I don't know why this one would have that setting that way.  BUT, its resolved.  Thanks again. :)
  • Oh!  Good point!  Done and done. :)

Thanks again...no more going "What the???" :)