Forum Discussion

d_lopes
New Contributor
14 years ago

Memory usage problem.

I'm having a problem with test complete 8 memory usagem, I'm evaluating this tool on a small project.

I have about 30 script files created ( most of them are blank).

My name mapping file have about 300 mapped objects (102mb).

I'm having some problems, at least I think it is a problem, test complete always use 100% of processor time(when on focus) and a lot of memory.

At this time with my project open, Test complete is using about 739.172kb of ram memory and 100% of processor time ( when on focus).the script editor became very slow and hard to use.

I'm currently using test complete 8 with MS Visual Source Safe 6.0d on a 10/100mb network.

Computer Configuration

MS Windows XP SP3

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor 

2,69gb ram memory

There is a way to solve this "problem" or this is not a problem.

5 Replies

d_lopes
    New Contributor
    I'm get the "Out of memory while expanding memory stream" error
  • Hi,

It seems that you've faced a known problem that is related to the way TC 8 stores the Name Mapping scheme. We are currently working on this situation, however, I cannot give you any timeframes when we can provide you with a fix for the issue.

As a workaround, you can try removing the entire <Node name="typeinfo"> node from your Name Mapping file and check whether the problem persists.
    kgoundar
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi I'm getting the same error when I'm trying to copy a project to another host within the network.
    kgoundar
    Occasional Contributor
    Also, I'm using TC8 using windows 7 home premium (64bit, 4GBram, i5processor). Some hosts are XP prfoessional (32bit), and some are windows 7 Professional (32bit)