Forum Discussion

TanyaYatskovska
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
11 years ago

Meet TestComplete 10

Greetings Testers,

There is exciting news that I want to share with you -

Let me introduce the new TestComplete version – TestComplete 10.

WHAT’S NEW

TestComplete provides a lot of improvements, as well as new features. Here is the list of the most significant of them:

-       Testing of Android applications

-       Mobile Web testing

-       Testing of Windows Store applications

-       Flash and Flex testing improvements

-       Windows 8.1 support

-       Integration into MS Visual Studio 2013

-       New TestComplete packages - Desktop, Web and Mobile.

The list of all changes can be found in the What's New in TestComplete 10 article.

HOW TO TRY

You can request a TestComplete trial – it’s a 30-day full-functional version. Just fill in several fields of this form and enjoy testing!

HOW TO UPDATE A COMMERCIAL VERSION

If you are using a commercial TestComplete license with an active Maintenance subscription, the newest product version should be automatically added to your SmartBear account. Log in to the account, download the executable file, and run the installation process.

Upgrade Notes:

·    TestComplete 10 can be installed on one computer where the previous TestComplete major version (v.9, v.8, etc) is installed.

·    TestComplete 9 and TestComplete 10 use different licenses. Thus, a special license for TestComplete 10 must be activated to use this product version.

·    Back up the current TestComplete project. When opening it in TestComplete 10, the product will convert it to the new format. As a result, it will be impossible to open the converted project in TestComplete 9.

Already installed TestComplete 10? Feel free to share your thoughts about the new version here.
    jorgesimoes1983
    Regular Contributor
    At first glance, TC10 seems to be lighter, I have already converted my TC9 project, and ran the project tests and all went fine.
    jose_pita
    Super Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

Found a bug on TC10 that wasn't on TC9.31.

On the Log Panel the:

Go To Next: Error

Button does not work after finding the first bug. Does not show the next error. This is a functionality that I use a lot.
    ramesh_dalavai
    Occasional Contributor
    also the aqutils date/time seems to log something different on Log.Message but when you write aqutils.timenow/date/month etc. It writes in a standard format as

"EEE MMM dd HH:mm:ss zzz yyyy"
    cobra27
    Occasional Contributor
    Hallo

I've a 2 Commercial license (float license) buyed with TC9.

Now if I install the 10 version, and I install the Mobile Function.

But when I start the TC10, it ask me the license for the Mobile functions.

That's right?

so I have to pay separately for the functionality of the furniture that can be used?

Thankyou!!
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Stefano,

The Mobile testing feature was released only in TestComplete 10. That's why the license for this module wasn't added to your account when purchasing v. 9.

You can request the trial license to check how the mobile testing works in TestComplete - I suggest that you contact your Sales rep or the Support team to get it.