Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Licence Manager in a Virtualised Environment

Hi,

We use a very heavliy virtualised environment using VMWare.  We have gone for a floating licence option to allow us to use TC in this environment but I have a couple of questions regarding the licence manager.

The Virtual Machine Support document states;

As for Floating User licenses, you can activate a license on a physical computer and then install and run TestComplete instances on virtual machines. These virtual machines must have a network connection to the License Manager PC (that is, to the physical computer, which you activated the license on).

My question is can we use a virtual server as the designated Licence Manager PC providing it has a network connection to the virtual desktops where TC instances are installed?

What are reasons for not being able to do so?

Thanks

Neil

5 Replies

• We are having the same problem, there is little chance of obtaining a physical box to host the license manager. I cannot think of any good reason for the physical requirement either. Can I get in on those e-mails?
  • Hi,

I have the same situationa as yours where heavily virtualised environment. Do you have the solution for License manager running in VM?

Thanks
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mike,

You'd better refer your question to your Account Manager or our Sales Department at sales@automatedqa.com.