Forum Discussion

m_essaid
Valued Contributor
6 years ago

Kendo UI JQuery Support

Hi,

Some threads already exist about this topic but they are quite old so I ask this question again.

I started to build a test on a website that is built under Kendo UI JQuery. At the firsts moments, TestComplete was able to playback my tests without major issues.

But when I started adding too much windows, it was like the whole tests start to go wrong.

As I see in the object browser, I have too much difficulties to identify objects. It's Pannel(0) after Pannel(0) and I think that TestComplete could not identify clearly the components.

My major question is "does TestComplete support Kendo UI JQuery ?"

If the answer is "maybe yes, maybe no", what are the tricks I have to use to identify my objects ?

Thank you very much,

Mehdi

4 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

As far as I know Kendo is just a set of tools using JQuery which is supported by Test Complete. You mentioned it was working but isn't now, so that would lead me to believe there is an issue with your name mapping.

However without any details besides it doesn't work, we can't really provide any help. If you have a specific situation that you are having issues, and can provide screenshots of the objects' properties, your mapping and code samples we could try. 

m_essaid
      Valued Contributor

hi cunderw,

finally I understood that my namemapping was weak and I had to work on it to make it robust.

the thing that is weird while testing web is that you have nestings like "panel1.panel1.panel1.object", I used to test desktop apps and it's not the same thing.

cunderw
        Community Hero

Web and Desktop will definitely have different hierarchies, even one web page to the next will. If you're relying solely on automatic mapping you will get the panel1.panel1.... etc.. You should be manually adjusting your namemapping to exclude irrelevant panels from your Aliases, though keeping the mapping closer to one to one if possible to help with performance.