Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Javascript confirmation messagebox is not interacted with by TC8

Hi,

I have a website (built with javascript) I am testing where TC8 can see a popped up confirmation box and all of its properties and methods, but won't actually click the OK button. I have tried the following lines of script in my test script:

1. Call iexplore.dlgMessageFromWebpage.btnOK.ClickButton

2. Call iexplore.FindChild("WndCaption","OK",10).Click()

3. Call iexplore.dlgMessageFromWebpage.btnOK.SetFocus

Call iexplore.dlgMessageFromWebpage.btnOK.Keys ("[Enter]")

and various other strategies....

Just for the record, TC8 "sees" the dialog, "sees" the buttons and other properties / methods, and fills in the intelli-sense code just fine. When any of the above lines are used, the OK button changes color (like it was clicked or at least got focus).

I have these same confirmation boxes scattered throughout the website, and it is going to become a real automation issue if I can't script these out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

John

3 Replies

• Hi John,

I have a website (built with javascript) I am testing where TC8 can see a popped up confirmation box and all of its properties and methods, but won't actually click the OK button. I have tried the following lines of script in my test script:

Please zip your entire project suite folder along with the log of the test execution and send us the archive.

Also, let me know which IE version you are using ('Help | About').

• Hi John,

I am also facing the same issue. Did you find any resolution for this?

Thanks

Nidhi
  • Hi,

We worked with John on the issue via e-mail. He used IE 8 and was able to resolve the issue after he had disabled LCIE for IE and remapped objects involved in his test. To learn how to disable LCIE, see the tip in the 'Internet Explorer ver. 8' section of the 'Web Testing and Tabbed Browsers' technical paper.