Forum Discussion

Ahmed_Abdullah_1
New Contributor
13 years ago

Invoke TestComplete from Linux

Hi,

I can execute following batch script named 'run-one-test.bat'

start /wait "TestComplete" "C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestComplete 8\Bin\TestComplete.exe" "C:\MPSAUTO\IBOXtoMPS.pjs" /run /exit /SilentMode /p:MPS /t:"Script|RunFunctions|runIboxToMps" "SUITE_NAME=OPCBA" "TEST_NAME=OPS01"

When I run  'run-one-test.bat' file in my local Windows-7 test machine, it executes the test end-to-end successfully.

but I want to run the batch file from a Linux box.

So I installed cygwin and cofigured password free ssh. So I execute following command:

ssh user@windows-7-host "C:\temp\run-one-test.bat"

It executed the batch file from Linux box. But it has problmes with output redirection and fails to run the test end to end.

I am not much experienced with TestComplete. So, is there some other way to invoke a TestComplete test from Linux?

Ahmed 

4 Replies

• Hi Guys 

This problem is solved.

I wrote a client server java program. Passed the command line from client side which is running in linux box. Server program which is running in my windows 7 box gets the command line and executes it; which invokes TestComplete and executes the desired test in my windows 7 box.

Cheers. 
    LindaZhong
    Occasional Contributor
    hi Ahmed

I have to run TestComplete scripts on Ubuntu too. But seems my question is something different from your case. I wonder if you can help me on that?

Actually, I have to work with TescComplete to test against an application running on Ubuntu, but I have no idea  how to run TestComplete script  and if the TestComplete can recognize the objects on Ubuntu.
    gmccord
    Occasional Contributor
    You can also look at STAF (staf.sourceforge.net) for executing programs between Linux and Windows.